39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sun, 2006-01-08 22:03

Now I've looked most parts of the Memberlist through and then it hits me..
There are SO many D-A-D Fans who has a profile, but it's always the same people in here that we see (Nothings wrong about that) in here.
Most of the fans have never written anything, so it says in the Memberlist (You can see how many posts you've done)...
I think it's sad and I really don't see a point of having a profile, if you're not active on this website...
well... that's my point of view, so fans where are you???

Posted: Sun, 2006-01-08 22:08

I can think of one good reason to have a netpet profile: The x-mas present
Also when being a netpet you have the opportunity to use the forum'n'whatever.
I guess thats also the way to get the newsletter? Or can you get the newsletter without being a netpet? I don't know and Im too lazy to find out Smiley-laugh
Goodnight

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sun, 2006-01-08 22:23

You may have a point there VD..
But still it could be nice to see those fans in here too...

Posted: Mon, 2006-01-09 10:40

..We had a discussion almost similar to this some time ago, about wether we should pay a fee to have a membership.. In that discussion it was said by a wisehead, that it would be nice, if memberships, were cancelled if the profile was inactive in a year or so.. Before cancelling, you'd receive a warning..

Posted: Mon, 2006-01-09 10:51

What would you gain from deleting a membership that's been inactive for a year?

Posted: Mon, 2006-01-09 10:52

It is a really good solution to the problem
..øhh What problem..? Who is annoyed by the long members-list..? I'm not..

Posted: Mon, 2006-01-09 14:06

I don't care about the long list of members.. So from my point of view, it does not matter..
But it would cut the number of members down, to the "filthy few".. ha ha..

Posted: Mon, 2006-01-09 15:01

it would be more like a true 'fanclub' if all of the members where FANS..

Posted: Mon, 2006-01-09 16:14

Lådde > Then again.. What do you have to do to be a 'fan'? Smiley
And I don't think that the official d-a-d homepage should splitter people up in fan-groups and not fan-groups.

Posted: Wed, 2006-01-11 14:50

I think you´r rigth VD and Crappe!

Helpyourselfish!!

Posted: Wed, 2006-01-11 15:43

If all the "active" fans and all the other fans had to be split up in here, it could be and idea if there were two kinds of membership. One free kind where you would have access to the discussionboard and receive newsletter and so on. And then the membership where you would have to pay, but then of course also have some advantages. Maybe like some exclusive downloads.

Posted: Wed, 2006-01-11 18:27

There's no point in kicking inactive members out, but I would like to be able to pay a small amount of money and then recieve something extra n get benefits n stuff..
we could keep it both ways and inactive not paying members would still have the same benefits as they do now..meaning free posting in the meet n greet section and the x-mas present.. but they wouldn't recieve the complimentary D-A-D t-shirt each year and the 20% discount in the webshop or something like that..

Posted: Wed, 2006-01-11 18:41

I'm here several times every week, but unless I feel like I have something interesting to say, I don't feel an urgent need to write anything Smiley-midget

I used to be on the chat a lot, too, but there wasn't any real activity until very late in the evening and I still have to get up and go to work in the morning ;)

I don't think it makes me less of a D-A-D fan that I don't write a lot of comments here. I AM a huge fan - and I'm not just on the member list because of x-mas presents or the like - but because being on the list is a way of acknowledging my support for D-A-D.

With regards to the discussion about paying a membership fee; I wouldn't mind, but I don't think we should forget that it would require a lot of administration even to handle a "small fee".

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm around even though I'm not very active at the moment Smiley-midget-laugh

Posted: Wed, 2006-01-11 19:36

Well said LITS Smiley

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2006-01-11 22:35

I think that it sounds okay with paying to be in the netpet commnity, as long as it's a fair price...
But I really think that it's such a shame that there are so many fans in the netpet, who doesn't write anything at all...
We really are discussing so many things in here and you can always ask any questions you doubt about..
My point is, I really would like to know some of you who doesn't write that much..

And one thing more.....The Chat is so dead, what do we do about it?
I've been arranging some chats in hope that fans will drop by after I have arranged something..
Last time I invited d-a-d to join, most because it could be nice to have the guys with us, but also in a hope to keep you fans wisitting the chat....
I see some people logging in the chat, but we are all login at different times..
Maybe with should have one day in the week where it's chat time for all of the fans???
I don't know.......

Posted: Thu, 2006-01-12 06:47

The idea about a fixed, weekly chattime... t's been done before and before and before.
I'm not trying to make you lose the spirit about getting the chat alive, but you know... Maybe its time to think of another idea instead of the same, old, failing one.
You can do it! You're creative and such.

Posted: Thu, 2006-01-12 09:32

@ Tina:

My point of view: I don't mind at all having a D-A-Dillion registered Net-Pet-Members NOT using this board. I am checking the new posts'n'threads day by day since 1999 and from that experience I think interesting threads are a pretty rare occasion.

So if you ask for more activity from those many who signed the membership we'd pretty sure become alot to read - but we also pretty sure will have loads of stuff again and again in here (as we have by now, too).

As SteffenAlmighty and BlackCricket already wrote, I wouldn't mind to start something new, something "on top" of the nowadays NetPets and leave those memeberships untouched.
This way it's up to ev'rybodies own decision to join that new invention and pay for what-do-I-know and still for the NetPets nothing changes.
Besides the fuzz collecting a fee would cause I think we also should keep in mind that there's plenty of F:O:L:K:S interested in D-A-D and who love the community but wouldn't be willing or ABLE to pay for it. And do those last named fans less deserve to be able to be part of this?!

Best wishes,

CS

Posted: Thu, 2006-01-12 10:22

what if you could pay by mobile? 25-30 each month? or something??

or wait.. that would'nt work for those outsite DK.. unless they could set om some servers for outsite DK.. but that would be quiet expensive.. i guess??????

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2006-01-12 22:46

VD Ooops I didn't know... Just thought I've made a really good idea....

To every fans in here, do you have any suggestions about what we do about the chat?? What will bring more fans to join??

Captain Spacehead... I still think that it's a shame that we don't see all of the fans that really are here..
I'm just currious of getting to know them...

Posted: Fri, 2006-01-13 10:02

@ Tina:
So why don't you check the Memerberlist and write an e-mail to those you'd like to know better? Smiley-wink

It's nice to see there's still a many fans all around the planet but if only let's say 10% of the enrolled NetPets would regulary post in here I fear this so far "personal community" pretty soon would become annonymous.

And beyond this - it's a Band-board and it seems hard enough to find (mostly or at least supposed) D-A-D-related topics for those few NetPet posting in here regularily... I ain't sure this would be getting better with more NetPets posting *g*

Best wishes,

CS

Posted: Fri, 2006-01-13 18:56

Here I am! =)

Posted: Sat, 2006-01-14 01:24

I'm with LITS.
I'm in here on a regular basis, every day to three days, but I don't post that often unless I have something worth while to say.
As for what Ladde said, I don't know. I'm in Canada so that might be difficult.
This website is very important to me. I'm to far away from Scandinavia to ever get the chance to see D-A-D live. This site is the only connection I have to the band I enjoy so much.

Mia

Posted: Sat, 2006-01-14 20:44

There are a few reasons why I'm not writing so much in here.
First of all: I hate writing in english. I'm not good at it. If we could do it in german or danish I would write much more.
Well, now I've forgotten the second reason... sorry!

Anonymous's picture
D_law (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2006-01-14 21:20

Yeah right....
That is just a sad sad thing to say if I can write in danish or german...
Well if this forum will be a finnish site I also will write a quite often don\'t I?
Plaah, I think that english is a world known language and they (people) study english at every school here in scandinvia.
That can\'t be the reason not write here because you can\'t speak your native languge.
Ofcourse everybody wants to speak their own language because it is easier than english for us.
But hey, you must also remember that you can learn english reading this forum.
And by the way...
You english is not bad at all...

Anonymous's picture
True Beleiver (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2006-01-21 02:27

Here i am Im a big fan I just started today I've been a fan for years No one here (U.S.A.) ever heard of the best rock band in the world To Bad Rock on

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2006-01-21 19:15

I've been a bit active everynowandthen but most of the times I'm just going through the topics.Yet I can be taken as a fan, not just being FANatic these days;) I'm an old woman, after all! Still, I've been listening to their music since '86 and I'm very interested of the band. I'd be exremely sad, should I not be considered as fan, only because I'm not writing all the time. Or should it go to the lenghts that this site would separate fans as "hardcore ones" as opposite to the "not-so-hardcore ones" by issuing a payment - I'd still be digging them to the moon and back, I'd just be left outside this community. We all have different reason that we have signed in, but I'd assume that the common thing is that we really do like D-A-D's music and are interested of them and their side projects Smiley-midget

Posted: Sun, 2006-01-22 17:57

here i'm also a big fan of them..

Posted: Sun, 2006-01-22 20:30

i think we all are big fans Smiley-laugh

Posted: Sun, 2006-01-22 20:37

I suppose DAD are pretty good, but I prefer MÚM. Or even HIM.

D-A-D 4ever's picture

Posted: Mon, 2006-01-23 16:52

Who is annoyed by the memberlist .. ?? NO ONE ..

And someone says , it would be a true fanclub if all was fans .. Im not using this forum very often . But im still a big fan ! This shut be a thing for all who got "fellings" for dad. Also if they arent using the forum.

Posted: Mon, 2006-01-23 19:01

xm.... i believe that DAD's fans are soooo many but i still believe that all we are true fans of DAD... :):)

Anonymous's picture
BALL AND CHAIN (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2006-02-04 05:16

HERE I AM!!!! To let you know D-A-D ROCKS!!! I'm from the U.S.A. Don't Drag Me Down! My only wish is that people around here knew what good rock n roll was like.
Hell I can't even buy a D-A-D cd in a store 'round here.

Posted: Mon, 2006-02-06 14:03

Tina,
Don't worry we are all out there... spread across the globe. It's a long way over here to Australia but we are here and love the music. Although it takes a while to get your hands on the newly released stuff.

Posted: Tue, 2006-02-07 02:55

Hi fellow pets.....I'm here everyday, just one of the silent ones. I've also been a fan of the band since the 80's, have really loved rocking to them through the years.

To the Danish net pets, the US fans are thinking of you and your fellow countryman as you go through this hellish time. Keep on rockin' in your free world! Smiley-midget

Anonymous's picture
Suefish (not verified)

Posted: Tue, 2006-02-07 16:01

Just dropped by to see whats going on here in the DAD camp and leave a hello. So it seems I found the right thread to do so! Here I am, one of the damn old cattlecounters! Haha! And so I leave my hello to everybody who reminds me and everybody who wants to receive my hello ;-P

I smile and wave goodbye!
Sue

Anonymous's picture
Suefish (not verified)

Posted: Tue, 2006-02-07 16:02

Ups, sorry, I mean to everybody who remembers me..... (damn, I guess I should practice my english better) Haha

Anonymous's picture
Moi (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2006-02-09 15:45

I'm right here...

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2006-02-09 20:08

Does it mather if you are on the site and aren't a fan!, I am a fan but i think that anybody that wants to juse the site should do that!, And to all you who think that its bad with people that doesent write so much: They can be just as much fans as you and if you get annoyed, dont talk to them, simple!//JBF!!!!

Posted: Fri, 2006-02-10 08:28

Amen!