39 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2007-06-13 21:04

Hi guys.
Please have a break of whatever you're doing, and listen to me and my bands 3 newly uploaded songs.. We know the soundquality ain't that good, but we hope you can track some good feelings by listening to it.
It's kind of punk with a twist of rock'n'roll.. PLEASE GO AND TJECK IT OUT!!

www.myspace.com/theporchmonkeysdk

- CHEERS! Smiley-laugh

Posted: Wed, 2007-06-13 21:48

Black as my lungs reminded me of Rolling stones Paint it black...nice

Anders

Posted: Wed, 2007-06-13 22:13

Hehe okay.. Some people have told us that Black as my lungs sounds a little like D-A-D. Smiley

Posted: Wed, 2007-06-13 22:29

Check out my band to, when you are on Myspace

www.myspace.com/bleedingjustice

nice one crappe Smiley-midget-laugh

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 11:35

Both bands sucks pretty much!
The Porch Monkeys - They got some listenable riffs here and there, but the vocals are almost physically painful to listen to.

Bleeding Justice - Sounds like a really bad and sad rock band from the early 90's. It's really boring to say the least.

Regards
Klaus

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 11:58

***Osaka***:

F**king awsome intro to the song "The legend of a"... Need to work on your singer though... Smiley-wink

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 12:02

And crappe...

Sorry, but I think it sucks big time... It's way too punk'd! It doesn't sound any good...

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 12:57

Kanutski - Smiley-laugh thanks, yeah I know

The Marlboroman - thats a fair point of you Smiley but then again both bands arn't proffesionels and we are only in the age of 15-17 years (I know that it hasn't anything to do with it). I'm happy that you are saying in the begining of the 90's coz' that is what we wanted to play like... in the last part of the 80's I think... Smiley

But becarefull not to rack down our stuff.. I can take alot of critick, but only if it is usefull.. I can't use: I't sucks big time or it's realy bad!

When Kanutski is saying that there are some singingproblems I think it's cool coz' then there are something that can be trained Smiley

but hey no big deal Smiley-wink

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 13:54

Hi..... Nice topic actually wich give me the opportunity (dont know how to spell that), to promote MY BAND!

www.rammschwein.mymusic.dk

If you dont want to be too shocked then start out with Weil Ich Bin Faul (Demo) and then take a look at our Live song from Aldi.

It is fucking German Hævi Medal!

And by the way. Black As My Lungs was very cool Crappe.

Jeppe

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 17:06

surprises me that you - Marlboro man, writes something like that. You are always saying: "be nice to each other in here etc."

Your comment is NO way usefull for the bands, as Osaka says.

It's so easy to say "it sucks". But give some pointers on WHY you think so.

Anyways, Crappe, I guess you've recorded your 3 songs on the Porch?? If I've learned anything with my band, then it's to get your songs recorded in the best possible way from the beginning. Sadly people can't accept a bit bad quality. I would say that your songs would really do them selves okay, if they were recorded in a studio. You have some okay riffs, the leadsinger needs to find his way of singing tough, and then play it tight. Then i would say you would have an okay song in Black as my lungs. Robot wasn't really me..

Keep rockin!

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 19:32

Porch Monkeys:
I hear a bit of British rock/punk ("runk"?) in your music. Obviously, you need to work on the production (especially vocal & drums) and I think you know that, but that's not important at this point. You have some solid riffs and good melodies. That'll take you most of the way, I s'pose.
In time, you'll be able to write better lyrics as well.

I'm liking it. Smiley

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 19:51

Bleeding Justice:

First thing I'm notcing is that on "Bleeding Innocent" it sounds like the drummer can't keep up? Is it just me? It sounds awkward anyway. Apart from that I like the song. Good riff.
The solo towards the end sounds exactly like one I've heard before. Can't place it, though.

"Waiting For Death" has too much echo on the vocal. Arrrgh! Liking the melody, though. I think the song needs some re-arranging and it'll be quite good.

I like the aggressive singing on "Elisabeth". Bravo. I'd listen to this if it was uploaded in a better sound quality.

The intro on "Legend of You And Me" seriously sounds like something Metallica would've done 10-15 years ago. The vocals aren't very strong on this one. When the song begins after 1:30 or something, it sounds like something D-A-D could've done in the Riskin' It All or No Fuel... period.

My biggest problem (apart from the vocal production) is that the drums sound flat most of the time. Maybe this is partially due to the bad sound quality, but I think it could be better.

Posted: Thu, 2007-06-14 20:04

Rammschwein, you have the advantage that I like Rammstein and you sound like you're very inspired by them. That's not a bad thing.

On "Weil Ich Bin Faul", you need to tell your drummer to lay off the cymbals! They're driving me crazy. I'm liking the rest.

"Ich Habe Mein Washeautomat Gespist"... uhm... yeah, I'm not feeling it. Sorry. And not "Heilschlag Für Dich" either. It's not very funny.

Generally, your band doesn't sound very tight, but I like the sound and the melodies. You have something, but I think you need to find yourselves, because now you pretty much sound like something that've been done seriously by Rammstein, and jokingly by Red Warszawa.
And why the German, man? I think you'd be better in Danish. Smiley-laugh

Posted: Fri, 2007-06-15 15:18

Hehe sucks big time? Go girl - I like you! Smiley-wink

We know the sound ain't good, and we don't give a shit right now Smiley-laugh We had to make a quick demo, to a guy here in Roskilde, in about 3 hours, and we had to record every each instrument one by one.. So that's it Smiley
And about our frontsinger: Maybe he ain't a supernova, but live he kicks Jesper Binzers ass BIG TIME!! And by the way: It's punk, and we don't give a shit Smiley-wink Right guys?

- Cheerios!

Posted: Fri, 2007-06-15 18:11

AMEN!! :b crappe

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 12:28

OnlyRock - If you read further in my post you'll see that I argue for my point of view.
The two bands simply need to work more before they publish something like that!

Regards
Klaus

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 15:39

I think the porch monkeys, is a wanna be band and they've got their name from arctic monkeys, and the songs is very uninspired, grey and empty..

But bleeding justice, is more like metallica I think, and they sound more serious and the band is much better at the guitar, vocal, drums and bass. Their music is also much more colourfull..

regards oliver

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 15:44

Publish something like that! The Marlboroman thanks for the shit!

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 16:17

Well i think that if you can't say anything good, or at least come with some positiv critick, you sould keep your mouth shut.

I think both bands are okay. Maby there are some things, you sould work a bit more on.
But it sounds good to me! Smiley-midget-laugh

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 16:27

d.a.d-always - Are you looking forward to become a teenager?
Wannabe band?! Hahaha..Not at all, babyboy! About our name: No, we're not inspired by Arctic monkeys, you idiot Smiley-laugh Porch Monkey is old slang for "negro", and we got it from the movie "Clerks II".

That's easy Smiley

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 18:04

i find both of the bands good, but there is small things about the sound and things like that.

looking forward to hear more music from you both. Smiley-midget

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 21:10

>Osaka and crappe

You asked for critics, then don't get emotional all of the sudden. That's not being professional at all. And when you ask for serious critics, don't give people crap, when they tell you, that THEY THINK your bands are uninspired and that they suck. Make improvements and ask again.
And don't say that it's a demo, that was recorded fast, and you don't care what we think of the sound. If you didn’t care, why would you be asking? You create music so that other people will listen to it and feel the same way as you do, but you can't expect everybody to like your music. Be professional and don’t mix feelings into this conversation. Take what you can get of useful information and deal with it!

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 21:24

Morten C, I'll listen to you BUT it's not happy for a band to hear that it SUCKS Big Time and they are boring and can't play it's NOT useful information for the band as you are saying..! It's more than fair to think that, more than fair! BUT why write it? It dosn't benefit (gavne?) any part! and btw we arn't proffesional!

but hey, I'm happy for critick and of course my bandmembers and myself will listen to all of you Smiley to make it better... we all have alot of years to become better... hopefull it's only the begining Smiley

Posted: Sun, 2007-06-17 22:21

If anyone is interested, they can come and hear my band play live at kraftwerket.. It's a demo releaseparty, and we'll sell our demos out. We will also get a myspace soon, so come and give us some serious critic..

regards oliver

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 00:11

Morten C - You're NOT right, dude.. I didn't ask for critic? Smiley

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 08:18

Osaka - Isn't it better that I say my real point of view instead of just saying that you're the best band in the world and I want to sign you to my label and make you sell 12 million records world wide?

When I say it's sucks I mean that all aspects of the music needs some serious improvements before it's worth listening to.

But I can keep my mouth shut so you can pretend that your music rocks and everybody will be living happily ever after.

Regards
Klaus

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 10:28

Sorry marlboro! But we are working alot on our stuff to make it good and SORRY that we arn't metallica OR d-a-d OR Iron Maiden OR some other big rockband, BUT we are only a bunch of small teenagers that are playing some music. It's a fair point of you from you, and if you want we realy like to sign your label! But then again we arn't pro, so I can't take it serious when you are racking our stuff!

We are trying to do our best so give us some critic that we can use to become better then! not only that we sucks or we have to come up with some better before publish! Coz thats the way that we are playing... and we are trying to become better!

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 15:36

Good music, i can, but won't complain. Looking forward to hear some more from both of you Osaka and Crappe ;) keep up the good work

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 16:59

Its hard to discuss music. Because everybody has their own point of view.

Some say its bad and some sat its good..
Well a demo is not fully ended with 100% Good sound, And so what?
We all got different music taste..

Why be so mad at each other ? because ONE person says that it sucks big time? Keep doing what you guys are doing. and you will both be better..

Hmm I sound like a mom don't I? Well my opinion Smiley

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 17:21

Like a mom? nah, more like mainstream nonsense. Smiley

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 18:53

Crappe... if you didn't ask for criticism, what did you ask for then? Were we just supposed to listen to your music and say nothing about it?

I'm just askin', because I'm a little confused as to why you posed this thread in the first place if you weren't asking for peoples' opinions.

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 19:26

Personly I find it great with critic both good and bad, but only if I can use it for something... and I'm happy about your guys' idees and comments about my band! Smiley

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 19:38

Casper: When are we going to here some tunes from sidney galiane??? Peter (gonzie) keeps talking about it coming soon but I haven't heart anything yet....

Anders

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 19:41

L.D. - I was promoting.. I was spreading the word.. I didn't ask people to kill us or send us to music-heaven verbally. Smiley If so, I would have asked people to do it.

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 21:51

D-A-Ddy: Well soon.. i am in progress to record the drums and make it sounds good.. But it takes time.. I know Peter talk alot about it but i takes time.. I'll give a message when its time Smiley

Crappe: Mainstream? Did you not read what i wrote? :P

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 21:59

Yes I did.

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 22:10

Hey..!

I think it's a cool idea to promote your own band around people who likes the same music.. Keep it up!

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 22:12

Right Boffe, that was my point thought too. Smiley

Posted: Mon, 2007-06-18 23:17

Hey guys please listen to my band again, all of the tracks has been mixed in the studio where we recorded them.. not that much echo anymore and no flat drums Smiley-laugh