40 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Mon, 2007-01-15 18:09

Seriously!!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYY do we love Mikael Simpson that much!?!?!? His lyrics are bad and his music is TOO much computer ... He is nominated for 7 adwards!

And may I say... One of THE best Danish written albums I've heard in years - Michael Falch - Falder du nu, is only nominated for 1!!! The lyrics on that album, is AWESOME!!

I can only hope that the album is gonna win BEST ROCK, and that Mikael simpson, WONT be getting all 7... I think it would be terrible... HIS music AIN'T ROCK MAN!!! More techo/beat/hip/pop something...

Kim Larsen should win ALL catagories he's nominated in.. His is one of a kind...

I could keep on going.... I think DMA is getting quite ridecules... DAD sold... what?? 40.000 of SY... BUT NOOOO.. No nominations for them!! And everytime Kashmir does something.... PRAIS PRAISE THEM.... really... SUCKS...

Posted: Mon, 2007-01-15 18:26

i understabd you so much..! I think that michael simpson is special because his music is very special, and thats why he is nominated....! But i totally agree with you..

Posted: Mon, 2007-01-15 19:36

Michael Simpson has been nominated soooo many times now it's making me sick. First it was DMA, then it was P3 prisen, then P3 prisen again and now DMA AGAIN!!!:@
And it's like D-A-D has almost been denied acces to DMA ever since they won 4 awards in 2001 (I think) for EG. How can that be??
Kashmir is a great band but DMA make it look like it's something comepleatly new and sensational which it isn't.
DMA in generel has become more smalltalk, prattle and bad popmusic than an award show.
I hope for a DMA with D-A-D in the nominees in 2008 they deserve it after all the hard work they have done on SY and their promotion outside Scandinavia.

Anders

Posted: Mon, 2007-01-15 19:42

Yes, I agree. But all that kind of shows sucks! Like Boogie listen! It makes me kind of sad that most people listen to that crap.
But all right, it is there choice.
They are the majority.

Posted: Mon, 2007-01-15 20:50

I can't stand Mikael Simpson either, he has no talent.

Posted: Mon, 2007-01-15 21:36

But he is good at remixing....

Posted: Mon, 2007-01-15 21:39

Relax people. We have discussed these things so often..Its all a matter of taste. I love Mikael Simpson and his music and think that he's one of the most talented persons on the Danish music scene in mant years. Just my humble opinion:-)

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Mon, 2007-01-15 22:44

Agree Mikael Simpson sucks.....But I don't understand why Nephew has so many nominations, cause I really think that "Interkom kom ind" is a borring album... "Igen & igen &" is the best song from that album, but the rest is really borring.. "USADSB" was a fantastic album Smiley-wink

xxxx to Michael Falch and Dicte!!!!
And I guess that the honour price will go to Kim Larsen as he is nominated several times, but he sure does deserve it.
2008 will belong to D-A-D!!!!!!!!xxxxx

Posted: Tue, 2007-01-16 11:20

Mikael Simpson SUCKS big time... BUT WHAT'S GOING ON?!?! NEPHEW SUCKS MORE THAN ANYTHING! - aargh! Smiley

Posted: Tue, 2007-01-16 12:06

Agree Keller!

Mikael is one of the best danish singer at the moment.. He has so much talent... I love his music.. I love his lyrics.. Why say he has no talent.. Actually he is one of a kind!
Not Kim.. What the hell is that!
I hope that Mikeal win something.. I also hope that Nephew win... Not all of them but some of them.. There album Interkom kom ind is a fantastisk album! Love it! But nothing beats Vetos album.. That is the best album in 2006! And i hope that they win the album of the year! Love it!!

Posted: Tue, 2007-01-16 13:32

Don´t worry about Michael Simpson, Nephew is also nominated for 7 awards, and trust me, they are going to win so much again...

Posted: Tue, 2007-01-16 23:52

D-A-D just doesn't make award friendly music. It's as simple as that. This doesn't mean they aren't respected, we just have to face the fact that D-A-D will never win anything except honorary awards.

I don't really care about award shows and these days I'm sure D-A-D don't care much either.

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 08:16

I stoped seeing all of that last year when D-A-D did'nt even get nominated.

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 11:01

I wonder, has Kim Larsen recieved the honor price from DMA before? if he has not, I think maybe he will get it this year...?

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 11:10

if so, then that will be the only good thing about DMA this year.

WHY!!!! has Nephew been nominated for 5 awards or something like that?

one or two would have been acceptable, but this is ´the 2nd year this has happened in DMA.. god..

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 12:36

Lådde: Well, if they have made something that covers a specific category, then they should be nominated in it (best album, best singer, best rock and so on..)

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 13:20

I agree with you.

Lets hope they are nominated for
a DMA in 2008

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 14:27

keller:

ofcourse they should! But I feel some kind of favorizing of Nephew from the judges.. I absolutely agree on Simon Kvamms nomination of 'best songwriter' fx. Because he makes very good, thoughtfull and creative lyrics. That one I actually think he should win Smiley

Generally I see all the points, but I guess I'm just pissed that D-A-D did'nt get any nominations last year Smiley though I jumped off my couch when they walked up the stage for the Prize Of Honor Smiley-tongue

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 14:35

Nephew is nominated for 7 awards... And I actually think they are going to win most of them...

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 18:25

Lasse there's a reason why D-A-D won 4 awards at DMA 2001...... But if they don't get nominated in 2008, well then I don't understand a thing...

By the way I guess that D-A-D will present an award in this years DMA...

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 19:11

My guess is that D-A-D will be giving Nephew the award for best rock album Smiley

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 19:19

and well look on the bright side, next year Nephew won't have an album out... But they sure will be nminated in a few kategories and as I can see it seems like Nephew is going to get the their first awards... They've got 32 % of the votes for "Best album" and Kim Larsen has 24 %...

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 19:21

Guess you're right Anders24

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 20:21

Mikael simpson is NOT A TALENT!!!

He F***ing makes his music in REASON!!! Not even DJ's use that freaking program!!!!

And the ONLY reason why he is nominated in BEST ROCK, is because there's NO Electric adward.. His music AIN'T ROCK....

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 20:52

Veto should win some prices. I simply love the leadsinger's vocal. Smiley-midget

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 23:16

Tina-> I don't remember what categories they won which year, but Everything Glows was a MAJOR hit back then. Of course they're gonna win a few awards.

I didn't mean 'never' when I said 'never'. I just meant 'rarely'.

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 23:21

Well onlyrock, you sure know how to keep a respectfull tone in this discussion..very good arguments:-) (feel the irony)

You have a right to your opinion, but saying things like: "he/they sucks, he's lame" is just pure childish in a discussion like this..

Posted: Wed, 2007-01-17 23:22

OnlyRock -> I agree with you that Mikael Simpson shouldn't be in the rock category, BUT to dismiss his talent like you do, just because you don't like his lyrics and music is a little narrow-minded IMO.

D-A-D have written some pretty inane lyrics once in a while, haven't they? Regarding his music, I suppose it's just a matter of taste.

Also, why does it matter what software he uses? Ufo Yepha use FL Studio. Shouldn't they be awarded? I happen to think they made a terrific album.

EDIT: And I don't even really like Mikael Simpson, mind you.

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 00:24

I didn´t have much respect fore DMA last year but this time I have even less respect.

It´s not that Simpson is nominated so many times (though in my opinion it´s not rock he plays).

And I can´t really see the point in nominating a band like Nephew that keeps on playing the same music - it is not easy to distinguish the music from their recent album from the other albums they have made!

I think it would only be fair if Kim would win the honour price (and more).

But why the he.. is D-A-D not nominated in one single category? After all it´s not that long since SY was released?!

Helpyourselfish!!

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 02:12

Keller

Let me put some words on my opinion about Mikael Simpson and other danish artists...

Mikael simpson is being called "a genius" because of his lyrics.. all he does in his songs, is turning the usual danish lines around... Such as: Stille og Uroligt (nice and UNquiet) and the Lort på styret sentence... I think it's repeating yourself over and over again... I don't think he is singing, he is more talking through his songs... I think he gets TOO many praises because of his music is different... And that his album is nominated in BEST ROCK, is a huge joke in the DMA..

And then to Mikael S and the danish music..
I think we are beginning to praise musicians JUST because they do something TOTALLY different.. It doesn't actually have to be good... I'm not surprised that the danish music industry is on a trip doooown..

I can point out some of those i think are talented...

Nephew is all about taste! Personally i don't listen to them, but they do know how to write a song.. The lyrics are nonsense...
but they get their praise, FROM the people, not much from reviewers...

Then we have MADS LANGER.. He is on his way to USA, MAYBE, and still we haven't been able to find him anywhere... GAFFE pointed him out as a huge talent etc...

Just pointed out some names.. I'm not a big fan of the danish music these days,as you might read.. But when something comes along i find talented, I'll praise it.. But I've seen and played with better names than Mikael simpson in the danish Underground... But maybe their are just TOO normal....

and Lasse Damgaard

YES I think Ufo & Yeppa should win best hiphop, or what they are nominated in...

AND then i think Kim Larsen should WIN almost every single thing he is nominated in... almost! Because his latest record is a demonstration of his HUGE talent, and he is unique musician!

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 09:39

Its still a matter of taste.. Yes Mikael is a genius because he’s creating something new and interesting. And that’s what I think it’s great about him. And I think it’s great that he’s finally getting some airplay.. At lest on P3, who is always are trying to play new Danish music..
And sorry about Kim.. I love his classical.. But I just not think that he is one of a kind…
And of cause I don’t think that Mikael is rock.. Maybe live.. (He’s great live!) But I understand what you mean about he’s just getting all the nominees because his music is different and so on. But that’s what I think is great about the Danish music industry.. Its new underground music that people are listening more to.. That is so great..

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 10:03

if D-A-D could give some awards that would be fine.. then theyre actually remembered. kinda.

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 14:16

OnlyRock:

I agree a bit with you on Mikael Simpsons nomination in best rock..that is a bit weird.

Haha, 'Nephews lyrics are nonsense', good one, I could not disagree more:-) Just because they don't sing "I love you so much and I wanna feel your touch" -style lyrics doesn't make it nonsense. Thats simply an ignorant comment..

But again, as I said earlier, its all a matter of taste. You don't like Mikael Simpson, I don't like The Will:-)

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 15:16

I Agree 100% with Nike..! D-A-D is classic rock, and some people like that a lot.. and other people like "Computer" creative music, we are all diffrint people... Danish music is becoming to change, and it will always do..! But yes, if D-A-D is nominated to a price, lets hope they will get it..

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 15:27

Keller

Some of Nephews lyrics aren't really that deep and some nonsense, some good, but they know how to make a hit. I was actually praising them. I can understand why they are nominated several times, but I don listen to them personally.... and the love/touch line, well who said anything about that...?

It's not that I hate Mikael Simpson.. I just think we praise him too much.. I don't think he is a genius, just because he does something differrent.. And the whole rock thing, is really lame.. He should be in the same category as Trentemøller...

And another thing... it was really lame to get personal with my band... Very childish... Have respect in a discussion dude... I gave you my honest opinion about MS as you requested...

And yes HolmC, we all have different taste.. When I startet this post it was about DMA, and made some points I thought was bad about DMA.. Some like elec, some don't.. I'm not much for it..

SO Keller, let's end this before it gets too personal... Not interested in a discussion where somebody suddenly gets personal..

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 19:56

I just stated that I don't like The Will as an example of taste..nothing personal, dude.

Posted: Thu, 2007-01-18 20:03

it was still personal.... If I had said, that "HEY The Will are better than Mikael simpson" then it would have been an okay comment..

But we were discussion DMA, and I really don't see my band on the list anywhere hehe, could be cool, but no ;)

But fair enough you don't like, now that you mentioned my band.. That's life! Smiley-midget

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Fri, 2007-01-19 18:35

I'll have to admit that I wouldn't mind going to a concert with Nephew...
I really really liked their album "USADSB" esp the song "En wannabe Darth Wader" (A wannabe D. W) It really rocks and what a great rocksong... Actually there only was one song on the album that I didn't like, the I did like Smiley-wink
I think that Simon Kvamm is a great singer, I was hooked when I heard his voice on USADSB and I admire the way he makes the lyrics.. I think it's something I never could to, through I've written many in my life..

On Nephews first album "Svimming time" there's one song that I like and that's "Waisted", but the rest is not my taste.. It's the same with "Interkom kom ind", I really like "Igen & Igen &", but then that's it Smiley-sad
I think that Nephew is great live, guess it's that why I really want to go to a concert with them....

Posted: Sun, 2007-01-28 15:50

I'm disgusted by the thoughts of DMA 2007.. Almost every nominated bands sucks! Just look four years back in time, and take a look at the "Danish Album"-category: Tim Christensen - "Honeyburst", Mew - "Frengers", Kashmir - "Zitilites", Raveonettes - "Chain gang of love" and then Tue West (well yeah, Tue West sucks!).. But look at the different.. What's going on?! Where's all the danish rock'n'roll-bands in this crappy mainstream-show?

I'm disgusted!

Posted: Sun, 2007-01-28 23:38

Oh crappe... couldn't agree more with you!!!!

Even tough Kashmir and raveonettes aren't anything i listen to.. There were just more rock n roll once..

also with Carpark North... GREAT band...